Sunday, February 21, 2010

Richard Pryor Biopic starring Marlon Wayans?




Yes. You heard it right. Looks like Marlon Wayans will be starring as Richard Pryor in the Bill Condon (Dreamgirls) directed biopic about the genius comedian's life. For some reason, I have very few qualms about this and that's only because comedians have truly impressed me as dramatic actors. Mo-Nique in "Precious," Jamie Foxx in "Ray," Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting" among other roles, Eddie Murphy in "Dreamgirls" just to name a few. I so rarely watched the Wayans brothers movies and am usually humiliated that movies like "White Chicks" and "Dance Flick" even exist. But I do know that Marlon Wayans had an impressive, critically hailed dramatic performance in 1999's "Requiem for a Dream."



Truthfully, I am just happy that someone is attempting to make a strong, worthy biopic of Pryor's life. I did not enjoy "JoJo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling" as much as some people. I find Richard Pryor to be one of the most fascinating entertainers to have ever lived and I really hope that his biopic lives up to the triumph that he so richly deserves.

Marlon you got your work cut out for you. Don't let us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment